Thursday, September 22, 2005

How To Hate Being Sick

I suppose I don't have much to complain about because I don't get sick very often. I mean, I have steadily worsening allergies to cats, and I have often been categorised as a klutz. True, I haven't broken any bones yet (its been close) but I have chipped my front tooth about 7 or 8 times in the same place (much to Dr. Chiu, my dentist's dismay) -- guess which tooth it is, the #8 on my left or the #9 on my right, according the the Universal Numbering System for teeth -- and I have had a series of funny but painful soccer injuries.

But, normally when I get sick, I just feel a little under the weather and usually can still handle life. Its pretty rare for me to cancel plans or miss work. Well, I woke up yesterday with a sore throat pretending to myself that I'm not about to be sick. By the end of the day, I was experiencing high fever and severe headaches and general aching all over my body. While at work during the day, I found out that you have to walk about a kilometer just to find the Medical Bay, because our plant is so huge. I mean, I just wanted cough drops! So anyway, I think it is the flu and hopefully not the killer flu. It was bad enough that I actually took the day off work putting off a very important project. Pretty much the only thing I have enough energy to do right now is make a blog entry, although, surprisingly, this is taking more effort than it should. Mercifully, its nearly done. I'm hoping to feel better by tomorrow, which incidentally is Saudi Arabia's 75th National Day, as I'm supposed to have a couple of friends over. Wish me luck, I'm going to bed. Well, after I do my laundry.

Daniel [Life_][Health_]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... there's also some auditorium-related accident you forgot about, but that's ok :p

Get some sleep and get better! I guess laundry could wait a day - unless you are truly running on empty...

Daniel said...

Well, in point of fact, i never actually BROKE my ankle... I only experienced severe yanking and stretching of the ligaments and tendons, with micro-tears!! Any farther, and they would have snapped, thus allowing me to then break my ankle, which never happened. The good side is I got to miss a couple of final exams!

Anonymous said...

Hehe, missing exams are always good! Can I call in sick today too?

Patrick said...

Great... Saudi's national day... lets throw a party to celebrate oligarchical rule, abuse of women, and state sponsored terror.

YAY... Raise a glass (of OJ of course)

Cheers,

P

PS Daniel feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

good improvement from Germany :-)

Anonymous said...

Sick!!!!! you!!!! when was that.....


OK this is the parental unit again