Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Smitors #2 - The "Doc" Emmett Brown vs. Harry Potter

This is match #2 in a series of tournament bouts pitting powerful "Smitors" (as in one who smites), against each other, one on one.

Vote in the comments. You can also campaign for your favourite smitor, by commenting about why they should win. At the end of each match, the smitor with the most votes (or most convincing arguments if votes are tied) will be declared. For true democracy, my vote weighs equally with your vote!

Last time, Batman bat-nihilated Spiderman with precision and skill!


Smitor Challenge #2 - The "Doc" Emmett Brown vs. Harry Potter

The Doc's Advantages/Disadvantages
-can travel through time to steal cool weapons and stuff from the future
-can invent lots of stuff (though it doesn't usually work)
-has seen the future (and therefore knows if/when he would win)
-really cares about not screwing up the time continuum, but ignores that whenever he wants to
-can survive a lightning bolt
-doesn't have magic

Harry's Advantages/Disadvantages
-can travel through time occasionally (but needs Hermione)
-has a knack for surviving things that should kill him
-can escape to Hogwarts (sometimes)
-has magic (but Hermione is way better)
-has a conscience, but is naive
-has a lightning bolt (on his forehead)
-doesn't have a time machine

5 comments:

Patrick said...

Daniel,

This reminds me very much of celebrity grudge-match.

Anyway, as much as I dislike that little bastard Harry (potter), Doc Brown never smote anyting and was almost killed by Lybians.

So my vote for victor is 'that little bastard' Harry

Cheers,

P

Anonymous said...

Yeah I think I'll have to go with Pat on this one. As much as I would prefer to see the Doc win, he'd have no defense against magic. Unless of course he travelled back in time and killed baby Harry - but I don't think he would do that.

-Adam F

Anonymous said...

I vote for whomever is more adept at time travel.

Harry will be smote within minutes of his birth.

I vote Doc.

Anonymous said...

my vote is for Harry....because he's getting hot as he gets older

Anonymous said...

Brown: killed (in one timeline) by simple Western villian.
Potter: invincible to powerful wizard as baby.

As much as having a DeLorean is uber-cool, I think Potter has more smite-power.