Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Whine Whine Whine...

When you find that life is difficult and you find yourself complaining more often than normal, I believe that this is an indication that you should reassess your attitude and whether or not you are part of the problem. Whether it be through bad prioritization, a lack of appreciation or anything else, often the cause of and solution to many of life's problems is internal. (Also it is said that alcohol is the cause of and solution to all of life's problems, and I suppose it does indeed become internal once you drink it, so that proves my point).

I have a couple of things I'm currently complaining about: One is the fact that I didn't get many comments about my
new car on my weblog. Its not so much that I wanted people to see it, but simply that it is showing that nobody really reads my blog much, which is what I suspected (and I was perhaps in denial). I figured if people would comment on anything, they'd comment on a car! Or... maybe I should write better blog entries. Another related thing is that someone opened their door and dented it in a parking lot the first day I brought it to Michigan. Now I'm parking it away from other cars when possible. Whine whine whine...

Additionally I muse that I work too much too. I try to take time off and I spend it doing mostly work-related things. I'm back from it now and I'm almost as stressed as before. But again, this is an issue that I can clearly do something about. I need to prioritize my life better and learn to draw the line and actually try living my life, especially seeing as the company isn't paying my way as much anymore. Whine whine whine...

It's time to stop whining about issues and start doing things about them.

Daniel

6 comments:

Patrick said...

Well to be fair I think there are generally two types of complainers.

1. unpleasant lazy folk who are irritated with thier jobs and think whining is actually what their paid for.

2. People who are good at what they do and think that the barriers to getting things done in life and in work should be removed and things should just be a little bit easier.

I'm one of the 2nd, I'm pretty sure you are too.

If you don't like your jorb and they don't pay you what you diserve take more company time to look for other jobs... that has the effect of ensuring that you are paid what you diserve and helps you find a way of find a place that will pay you what you diserve when working at 100% :)

Cheers,

P

Anonymous said...

Hey there Daniel,

Congrats on the new car ( and I actually rode it in too )...I think it is much more impressive in person than by photos. You should show your blog readers the cool interior :) Anyhow, Congratulate me too... I passed my PEO exam!

I do read this blog... :)

Anonymous said...

hey - if you had bought a "boylie" car, we would have been more inspired. ;-)
Your car is grand!

Anonymous said...

You should read my brother-in-law Michael's posting from a little while back, where he said he sometimes felt like he was blogging into space. Believe me - more people read your blog than comment. It's sort of like complaining, I guess: more people will complain than compliment. So in a way, not getting a comment is a compliment...?

Something tells me I've been reading about Free Trade too much... my brain is all whacked out.

Anonymous said...

You wanted comments on your car. It is a very nice car. I think its funny that although I found inverted chocolate bar wrappers with their melted residues stuck to the Camry carpets, now that you have your own car, people should be wiping their feet. Are you being this clean with your room/future apartment. I highly doubt it. Now you know why Arthur hates people putting their handprints on our walls and wearing shoes in our house.

Anonymous said...

OK here I go again need I say it...well done Marika on your PEO... hint hint....(sorry I;m commenting on the comment,,,,, From: You know who