Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A Nomad No More? No Madness?

I've been a nomad for a long time, travelling on planes trains and automobiles, mostly for work, although I have met some very wonderful people through my travels. However, it has kept me so busy, I haven't had time to think. I also haven't had a car, or a place to live until very recently. And that's what this post is about. I was finally forced by work to get a place to live locally. I'm still returning home and maintaining my resident status in Toronto, but will be staying in Michigan to work at GM, thanks to my friend Ann, who is renting me a spare room in her gigantic house (with a sweet sound system). The cool thing about having a roommate is that you come home, and even if no one is around, there are signs of life, and things have moved around magically! I went grocery shopping for the first time in years and it was kind of exciting! Yes its amazing: red, orange and yellow bell peppers are 1.5 times more expensive than green ones.

Will I still move to Windsor (which was the original 30-minute commute plan)? I don't know... I do hate the 1 hour commute. For now I'm liking the non-nomadic style of having a nice place, so time will tell.

Daniel

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Daniel,

After going through a nomadic phase myself I am thoroughly happy to be fairly sendentary at the moment. Got a house, a finacee, a kitty, and a job that lets me travel. The best of all worlds. Travel and a place to come home to.

Cheers,

P

Anonymous said...

So glad to know you have found a place to call 'home'. ;-) I too, enjoy the phenomenon of magically moving items!